The Necessity of Believing
In an earlier Learning Activity we saw in the scriptures that a person can be misled to think that it is all about the inquirer mustering up a belief in God that is what causes a person to become a Christian. That idea was proved to be false as without the grace of God given to the inquirer and the faith that is given to the inquirer there is no salvation. This is also proven by the following scripture.
1. James 2:19
2. What does the passage above tell us about belief?
So, belief alone does not result in salvation. It takes the active involvement of God supplying His grace and faith for belief to have any positive impact on salvation! But we should not relegate belief as not being an integral part of the salvation process.
3. John 6:40
4. John 20:27
5. From the two passages above, would you say that belief is not the single requirement for salvation, but it is an important ingredient for it to take place?
6. Ephesians 2:8, 9
God saved us by His grace and faith and we cannot, or should not, take any personal credit for salvation happening.
7. Titus 3:5
8. What does the above verse tell us about our salvation?
9. Ephesians 2:5
10. Acts 15:11
11. What do the verses above say will save us?
12. 1 Corinthians 1:21
13. What does the verse above say will save us?
14. 2 Timothy 1:9
15. What does the verse above say has saved us?
16. John 3:18
17. What does the verse above tell us is true when a person believes?