At one time in the past I was facilitating a local Bible study and invited a neighbor to come and join us in our study. The response from my neighbor was along the lines of, “I would not be interested in attending a Bible study as I might learn something that I would then be accountable for.” I can recall being quite surprised at this Christian being completely uncomfortable in living the remaining years of his life here on earth ignorant of the Scriptures!
Since the time of the above incident I have discovered that the Bible actually has a number of things to say about Bible ignorance.
1. Matthew 22:29
2. What is being said about Bible ignorance in the verse above?
3. Luke 23:33, 34
4. What does Jesus say about ignorance in the verses above?
5. Acts 3:14, 15, 17
6. In this section of Peter’s sermon, what does Peter say about ignorance?
7. Romans 10:2
8. What does Paul say about ignorance in the verse above?
9. Romans 10:3
10. What does Paul say about ignorance in the verse above?
11. 1 Corinthians 2:8
12. What does the verse above say about ignorance?
13. Ephesians 4:18
14. What does the verse above have to say about ignorance?
15. 1 Timothy 1:13
16. What does the verse above say about ignorance?
We conclude from the above that ignorance is a very detrimental characteristic for a Christian. The fruit of ignorance manifests itself in numerous harmful ways in and through the life of the believer. The logical question that might be asked at this point is, “If the Bible has all of this to say about ignorance, what remedy does the Bible state for this malady?”
17. Psalm 119:105
18. Since the word “word” in the above verse is referring to God’s word, the Scriptures, what is the verse above advocating?
19. Acts 17:11
20. What can we glean from the above scripture about conquering ignorance?
21. 2 Timothy 2:15
22. What do we learn about conquering ignorance from the verse above?
23. 2 Timothy 3:16
24. What does the verse above tell us about conquering ignorance?
Click on Self-Check to check your answers.