The Human Body
Our body is quite easy to understand and relate to because it seems very real to us. It is considerably easier for us to relate to things that are in the third dimension because they are what comprise the tangible physical objects that surround us that we can make contact with using our five senses. However, as wonderfully and fearfully made as our bodies are, they are something of a problem in our Christian journey.
Using your Bible look up the following verses and write them in the space provided. As you proceed answer the questions as they appear.
1. Romans 7:23–24 _____________________________________________________________________
2. What do the verses above seem to indicate is a problem with our bodies?
The body is involved in sin because the mind (which we shall see in a later Learning Activity is a part of the soul) controls the body and the mind is in a process of being renewed (to be explained in later Learning Activities on the renewal of the mind). If our minds were totally renewed to the mind of Christ (which we shall later see is available to us), and we used our free will properly, the body would be under control. We seem, for the most part, to have no knowledge that Christ lives within us and so we continue to chose to live out of the memory of who we were rather than who we are in Christ!
3. 1 Corinthians 15:50 _________________________________________________
6. What does the verse above tell you will be the ultimate end for our bodies? _____________________________________________________________________
7. 1 Corinthians 9:27 __________________________________________________
8. What does the Apostle Paul say we should do with our bodies in the above verse? ____________________________________________________________________
Click on Self-Check below to check your understanding.