The “Second Coming” of Hebrews 9
3. The overall context of Hebrews 9 is the Old Covenant and more specifically the Mosaic Tabernacle. Later in the chapter the emphasis shifts to the New Covenant and the fulfillment of the Old Covenant types, shadows and figures by Christ.
5. The Holy of Holies.
6. The high priest, alone.
7. Blood, of a sacrificed lamb.
8. For the errors [sins] of the people.
10. That He is our high priest in the New Covenant which is being described by the phrase “of good things to come.”
12. He entered into the heavenly Holy of Holies with His blood to complete eternal redemption.
14. Without the shedding of blood there is no remission [of sin].
16. Although the earthly types were purified by the blood of animals, it took the blood of Christ to purify the heavenly antitypes with a better sacrifice than animals – the sacrifice of God’s Son Himself!
18. Christ had to enter, in the spirit realm, into the heavenly Holy of Holies with His blood in order to complete His high priestly duties.