The Immortality of Man
2. God! See verse fourteen.
3. That He is the only one who has immortality.
4. We do not innately or naturally have immortality of any kind.
6. Adam, see verse twenty-one.
7. Adam would have lived forever.
8. Adam did not innately or naturally have immortality of any kind.
10. There is nothing man can do in and of himself to give eternality to his soul.
12. A spirit.
14. Man’s spirit comes from God.
15. There is no vitality or life in the soul of man without the presence of the spirit. It is the spirit that makes man a “living soul.” Without a “living soul” there was no Adam nor can there be any other human being.
17. The spirit returns to God.
18. The soul would lose its viability or life as a person and no longer exist.
20. We get a new (glorified) body that is eternal. Our present bodies are temporal.
22. Because we need a body from God (our glorified body) that is incorruptible and eternal.