The Resurrection of Christ
There is little doubt that one of the central facts of Christianity is the resurrection of Jesus Christ. This one fact alone establishes an uncrossable gulf between Christianity and what every other world religion purport to be truth. No other spiritual belief system can make the statement that its central figure died and then rose again from the dead and lives today!
The purpose of this Learning Activity is to explore SOME of the written record that documents the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ.
1. Read Matthew 28:1-15.
2. What event is described in the Matthew narrative above?
3. Read Mark 16:1-14.
4. What event is described in the Markan narrative above?
5. Read Luke 24:1-46.
6. What event is described by Luke in the above narrative?
7. Read John Chapters 20 and 21.
8. What event is described in the two chapters of John listed above?
9. Acts 3:15
10. What two facts about the resurrection of Jesus Christ are given in the verse above?
11. Acts 4:10
12. In the verse above, who raised Jesus Christ from the dead?
13. Read Acts 10:39-41.
14. What two events are described in the verses above?
There are a few people in the church who deny the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ. In the next section of this Learning Activity we shall examine this aspect of His resurrection to see what kind of resurrection He experienced.
15. Matthew 28:9
16. From the verse above, what kind of resurrection does Jesus appear to be the recipient of?
17. John 20:27
18. From the content of the verse above, what kind of a body did Jesus appear to have when He spoke to Thomas after His resurrection?
19. Luke 24:42, 43
20. From the two verses above what did Jesus do that infers that He had a physical body after His resurrection?
21. Acts 10:40, 41
22. From the two verses above what did Jesus do that infers that He had a physical body after His resurrection?
From items #15 through #22 above we can see that we have strong written proof that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead with a physical body. Consider the following verse as a final proof of this truth.
23. Luke 24:39
24. In the verse above, what does Jesus say about His post-resurrection body?
Click on Self-Check below to check your answers.