The Matthew Thirteen Kingdom Parables
In the thirteenth chapter of the book of Matthew, Jesus presents a series of parables on the kingdom of God. It is the purpose of this Learning Activity to visit those scriptures to see what it is that Jesus said about the kingdom.
1. Matthew 13:31
2. What can we say about the size of a mustard seed? (Hint: See verse 32).
3. Who do you think is the man who sowed the mustard seed? (Hint: See verse 37).
4. What do you think the field represents in verse 31? (Hint: See verse 38).
5. What can we say about the phrase, “The kingdom of heaven is like”?
6. What do you think items one through five above tell us about the kingdom?
7. Matthew 13:32
8. In the verse above, what does the mustard seed growing into a tree tell you about the kingdom?
9. Matthew 13:33
10. What does the parable of the leaven in the verse above tell you about the kingdom?
11. Luke 17:20
12. What great truth about the kingdom do you see in the verse above?
13. Luke 17:21
14. What great truth about the kingdom do you see in the verse above?
15. How is it possible that the kingdom of God is within the believer?
Click on Self-Check below to check your answers.