2. While reading this verse I can see, (a) There apparently was an existing teaching at the time this material was written that believers were expecting an antichrist to come upon the scene. We get this information from the phrase, “…as ye have heard that antichrist shall come.” (b) John also states that (1) there are more than one antichrist, and (2) that antichrists had already appeared on the scene at the time he was writing this message.
4. John tells us that these antichrists had actually been within the fellowship of believers at the time and had gone out of the fellowship. These antichrists were really not of the same belief as the rest of the believers.
6. By their denial that Jesus Christ had not yet come in the flesh. This would amount to a denial that Jesus Christ was the Messiah and also denied that He had already come into the world.
7. That antichrist had already come on the scene at the writing of this scripture.
9. This verse tells us that, (a) Antichrists are deceivers, and (b) They do not recognize that Jesus Christ, the Messiah, had come in the flesh as Jesus of Nazareth.
11. From this verse we learn that, (a) An antichrist is a liar that denies that Jesus is the Christ, the Anointed One, the Messiah, and (b) An antichrist denies both the Father and the Son.
13. An antichrist does not have either the Father nor the Son in them.