Questions to Challenge Your Prophetic Theology
Learning Activity #75A
Questions to Challenge Your Prophetic Theology
This Learning Activity is a continuation of the previous Learning Activity #75.
29. In 1 Corinthians 4:5, the Apostle Paul states, “…therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes…” When did Paul and the believers at Corinth experience the judgment and the coming of the Lord?
30. In 1 Corinthians 7:29, the Apostle Paul wrote, “…the appointed time has grown very short…” What was Paul describing in this statement? ______________________
31. In 1 Corinthians 10:11, the Apostle Paul states that the end of the ages has come upon the Corinthians and himself. What is this “end of the ages” that Paul was referring to? _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
32. “For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes” (1 Corinthians 11:26). When did the Lord come back? What impact did the Lord’s coming back have on the Lord’s Supper? ________________________________________________________________________________________
33. “…Christ the first fruits, then at his coming (Parousia) those who belong to Christ. Then comes the end…” (1 Corinthians 15:23, 24). In this passage, what is the “first fruits” referring to? When did Christ’s Parousia take place? What is “the end” referring to? _________________________________________________________
34. “…you can be proud of us as we can be of you, on the day of the Lord Jersus” (2 Corinthians 1:14). What is meant by the phrase “the day of the Lord Jesus?” _____
35. In 2 Corinthians 3:6, it is stated that, “…the written code kills, but the Spirit give life.” What is being referred to in these words? ______________________________
36. In Ephesians 1:21, the statement is made, “…not only in this age but also in that which is to come.” What is being referred to by the phrase “in this age,” and what is “that which is to come” referring to ? ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
37. Why did Paul tell the believers at Ephesus to “make the most of the time” in Ephesians 5:16? ___________________________________________________________
38. In verse 6 and verse 10 of the first chapter of the book of Philippians and in chapter 2, verse 16 Paul refers to “the day of Jesus Christ.” What was Paul referring to when he used that phrase? ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
39. In Colossians 1:23, Paul states to the Colossians that they are reconciled “provided that they continue in the faith.” Why would Paul put this restriction on the believers in the early church? Were they saved or not? ______________________________________________________________________________________________
40. In Colossians 3:4 it is stated by Paul that, “When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.” When did this appearance of Christ occur to the Colossians? ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
41. In Colossians 3:6 Paul told the Colossians that “…the wrath of God is coming.” When did the wrath of God come? __________________________________________
42. In 1 Thessalonians 1:10 Paul tells the Thessalonians “to wait for his Son from heaven…” How long did the Thessalonians have to wait for the Son? _______________
43. In 1 Thessalonians 2:19, the Apostle Paul tells the Thessalonians he is writing to that their belief will be his hope or joy or crown of boasting before the Lord Jesus at His coming. When did Paul have his opportunity to do this boasting to Jesus? ____________________________________________________________________________
44. In 1 Thessalonians 3:13, the Apostle Paul states to those in Thessalonica that his hope is that God the Father will establish their hearts unblamable in holiness in preparation for the coming of the Lord Jesus. At what point in time was this hope fully realized? ____________________________________________________________
45. Paul states in 1 Thessalonians 4:15, “For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord…” A. Who is the “you” in the passage? B. Was this statement just some “idea” that Paul came up with on his own? C. In relation to Paul and those to whom he wrote this letter, when was this event supposed to happen? D. What was the time frame when this was to happen? ___________________________________________________________
46. Paul states in 1 Thessalonians 5:23 to “…be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” A. To whom was Paul writing? B. When did this event (the coming, Parousia, presence) of the Lord take place? _____________________________________________________________________________________________
47. In 2 Thessalonians 1:7, the following appears: “…when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire…” and continuing in verse 10, “when he comes on that day to be glorified in his saints…” When did this “day of the Lord” take place? _____________________________________________________
48. In 2 Thessalonians 2:1, the statement appears, “Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our assembling to meet him…” When did this coming of the Lord take place? ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
49. What is being described by the expression “latter times” in 1 Timothy 4:1? ___________________________________________________________________________
50. In 1 Timothy 6:14, Timothy was told to “…keep the commandment unstained and free from reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Since this letter was most likely written in 55 AD, when did the “appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ take place? ____________________________________________________________
This material is continued in the next Learning Activity, #75B.
Click on Self-Check Answers below to check your answers.